As a non-profit organization, Live Well Events provides the residents of Ferguson and the North County area with programs and events that showcase the enjoyable, healthy, and sustainable aspects of fitness activities. Live Well Events grew from the success of Live Well Ferguson.
Our mission is to provide area programs and events that showcase the enjoyable, healthy, and sustainable aspects of fitness activities. We provide donations to local organizations that carry the same purpose and mission as this organization.
- Peggy Faul
- Patrick Hamel
- Francis Heiligenstein
- Dwayne T. James
- Gerry Noll
- Patrick Orbin
- Elizabeth Simons
Ferguson Twilight Run 5K / 10K & Fun Run
This event targets the novice runner and walker to the experienced runner to those that have only hoped to complete such an event. Held in May, the Ferguson Twilight 5K began in 2010 with a goal to register 300 persons. Over 900 registered that first year. Participants included young and old, novice runners to experienced runners.
In the past, we have made donations to the local YMCA for youth scholarships and we also made a donation to a local tornado relief fund. These YMCA donations help youth take part in healthy and active activities free of charge. This tornado relief fund distributed grants to local families that were affected by the storm – giving them the peace of mind to help cover a small portion of the expenses to rebuild their homes and get back to living a healthy and active life.
- 2010 – $4000 to the Emerson Family YMCA ~ 32% of Registration Revenue
- $5000 to the Emerson Family YMCA ~ 15.5% of Registration Revenue
- $5000 to Tornado Relief Fund for Ferguson ~ 15.5% of Registration Revenue
- 2012 – $10,000 to the Emerson Family YMCA ~ 43% of Registration Revenue
- 2013 – $10,000 to Emerson Family YMCA
- 2014 – $15,000 to the below organizations ~ 37% of Registration Revenue
- $8,650 to Emerson Family YMCA
- $3,400 to Girls on the Run Bermuda School
- $1,500 to Ferguson Youth Initiative Earn-a-Bike Program
- $1,450 to Marygrove Recreation Therapy Program
We hope to expand our programs to include cycling events, health fairs, and educational seminars to continue displaying how being healthy and active can be a part of everyone’s life.
[message type=”custom”]Wish to have your organization be a beneficiary?
- The selection process includes a formal application. Please complete our Beneficiary Application by January 16th to be considered as a beneficiary of the proceeds from this year’s Ferguson Twilight Run.
- If selected, provide a formal report with pictures on how the proceeds were used.
- CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
- In memory of Ferguson Twilight Run Planning Committee Member Donnie White, Sr., we are renaming our beneficiary award to the Donnie White, Sr. Memorial Ferguson Twilight Run Award. We are humbled and honored by his leadership and support for the Ferguson Twilight Run over the years. With the blessing of his family, we are grateful to share his spirit with the nonprofit organizations in our community that support active living opportunities for residents of North St. Louis County.