JOIN US ON MAY 14, 2022 FOR THE NEXT ANNUAL FERGUSON TWILIGHT RUN!
Ferguson Twilight Run will host its 13th annual event on Saturday, May 14, 2022, with virtual and limited capacity in-person options for the health and safety of the participants and the community.
This year’s run will welcome up to 700 participants to run or walk the 1-mile, 5K, 10mile or 10K distances in person. This year we are introducing the FTR13.1, a 5K+10mile race option celebrating our 13th Ferguson Twilight Run. All distances are offered virtually with unlimited participation; virtual races can be completed on your own schedule.
Each year in the past the Ferguson Twilight Run was held at Plaza @ 501. Due to the pandemic the plaza is not large enough for the gathering. To accommodate necessary changes for in-person events, the run will start and finish at STEAM Academy at McCluer South Berkeley High School, 201 Brotherton Lane, in Ferguson. Parking will be available at STEAM Academy with access via streets southwest of the high school.
- The 5K (3.1 miles) and 10K (6.2 miles) routes will use most of the Ted Jones Trail.
- The 5K will run east on Brotherton/Woodstock before turning North on Bermuda. Participants will turn right at Paul Ave and run up Elizabeth, turning around and then following Paul Ave to St. Louis Ave; entering the Ted Jones Trail via Short Ave.
- 5K participants will exit the trail at Woodstock and finish at STEAM Academy.
- 10K participants will continue on the Ted Jones Trail with a turn-around point on the trail at the UMSL campus.
The 1-mile distance starts at 4 p.m.; the 5K and FTR13.1 distances start at 4:45 p.m.; the 10K and 10 mile distances start at 5:15 p.m. For the safety of in-person runners and walkers, there will be staggered starts between pace groups for the 5K and 10K. Road closures are expected between 4:45 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Set up Start Noon
- Runs Begin: 4:00 pm. (1-mile) and 4:45 pm (5K and FTR13.1) and 5:15 pm (10K and 10mile)
- Staggered starts at every 15-minutes
- FREE CONCERT: 7:00 pm.
- Event Ends: 8:00 pm.
- Clean up and off property: 9:00 pm.
# OF PARTICIPANTS
- Maximum of 700 Participants in-person with unlimited virtual capacity
- St. Louis County Government approved up to 1000
- Additional 50-75 Volunteers
- In-person participants will be required to follow COVID precautions or be required to leave.
Ferguson Police Department
Cheer Stations positioned along course following COVID precautions
SET UP/CLEAN UP
Provided by Volunteers
City of Ferguson Public Works Department
Proceeds from this event support healthy and active programs in Ferguson and North St. Louis County. Click here to nominate your organization for the Donnie White, Sr. Memorial Ferguson Twilight Run Award.