ABOUT FERGUSON TWILIGHT RUN
Ferguson Twilight Run is the only evening race in North St. Louis County. Ferguson Twilight Run started in 2010 with a goal of 300 participants. In its first year, there were more than 900 registrations. Throughout its history, the Ferguson Twilight Run has become an exceptional tradition to come together for the purpose of community. Ferguson Twilight Run is a family-friendly race for participants of all fitness levels.
The Ferguson Twilight Run is hosted by Live Well Events, a non-profit organization providing the residents of Ferguson and the North County area with programs and events that showcase the enjoyable, healthy, and sustainable aspects of fitness activities.
Race Day Facts
- The 11th annual race is Saturday, May 16, 2020 with pre-race festivities starting at 4:30 p.m.
- Ferguson Twilight Run offers four distances – one-mile, 5K (3.1 miles), 10K (6.2 miles), and 10 miles. The 10K distance was added in 2013 and the 10-mile was added in 2019.
- The race starts and finishes at Plaza at 501 at the intersection of Florissant Road and Suburban Avenue in Ferguson. Course is professional timed by Big River Running and is USATF certified
- Registered participants receive a performance shirt and finisher medal; awards presented to top finishers
- Baby joggers/strollers are welcome, but pets are not allowed. Please do not bring pets to the race; however, service dogs are permitted.
- Free live concert after the race
- Free beer and root beer samples, food sales, vendors and fun at Plaza at 501
- Registration is open now HERE
- Volunteers are an essential component of the Ferguson Twilight Run. Volunteers are needed prior to the race for packet pickup and on race day. For more information, email email@example.com.
- Volunteers will be wearing wear T-shirts that say ‘VOLUNTEER’ on race day.
The Ferguson Twilight Run planning committee is a team of volunteers. The committee includes residents, business owners, representatives from Ferguson City Hall and city departments, representatives from the youth organizations that receive donations from the race, and community leaders.
The annual race attracts runners and walkers of all fitness levels, age ranges and ethnicities. It’s a family-friendly community event that has become an expectation in Ferguson since 2010. It’s the definition of a community event focused on fitness, health and active living. There are training programs such as the Couch to 5K, weekly run groups and school-sponsored teams for young participants.
Proceeds from the Ferguson Twilight Run are awarded to local organizations that provide residents of Ferguson and North St. Louis County with programs and events that showcase enjoyable, healthy and sustainable aspects of fitness activities.
In memory of our friend and Ferguson Twilight Run Planning Committee member, we renamed our beneficiary award to the Donnie White, Sr. Memorial Ferguson Twilight Run Award. Donnie passed away in September 2014. We are humbled and honored by his leadership and support for the race over the years. With the blessing of his family, we are grateful to share his spirit with the nonprofit organizations in our community.
The 2018 race benefitted the following organizations:
- Emerson YMCA
- Girls on the Run
The community support has always been strong and enthusiastic. The race is fully supported by our sponsors and many residents throughout the community. For four straight years, Ferguson Twilight Run has won the Best Community Support Award from Big River Running, the race management company.